Monday, November 10, 2014

How What Students Have to SayTeaches Us About Ourselves:


Kids say the darnedest things in writing. At Monroe Elementary School we have a letter-writing program so students can write to staff, practicing written communication.  This also gives teachers a wonderful opportunity to learn from them.  Read and learn for yourself about the little and big things that matter to some of our smallest citizens:

Dear Mrs. S. (2nd Grade Teacher),

I mis 2nd gr  I wish I was stil In your class Because you wold help me with my work.

Sinsrely, 
C (4th grader)

Dear Mrs. W.

Your pupe sounds cut.  I want a dog.  We had 2 dogs but they both died.  One died a long time ago and one died only a couple years ago.  My mom wil only let us have 3 fish.  She says we can't get a new dog yet because we're too sad about the Chloe and Biff dying.  Can I meet your dog?  I love pets!

J (4th grader)


Dear Ms. S. (This one's to me)

Hi we SERIOUSLY need to have you over for GT.  My friend Landen just got in GT.  PLEASE COME!  I also sent you an email so check if you got it.  Also send me a email.

Love, 

B (5th grader, former 1st grade student)



No comments:

Post a Comment